Have you ever wondered how professionals develop games that have such sophisticated features and looks? They use game engines and Unity is one of the most popular game engines in the world. Moreover, it not only is well-suited for both 2D and 3D games but also has become a powerful tool for VR and AR development.
This advanced game development class teaches students the core techniques of developing both 2D and 3D games in Unity. It covers a wide range of topics from character control and coding (in C#), to asset management. In particular, students will learn to:
– Self navigate the Unity ecosystem to be able to build basic 2D/3D games from scratch
– Use online and other resources to complete behavioral and object scripting
– Express the game development process for both independent game developers and the larger AAA game studios
– Use supporting authoring applications for modifying objects/assets
– Conduct basic level and game design parameters for the core games in 2D and 3D: 2D Platformer, 3D FPS, 3D 3rd Person
– Inputs and character controllers
– Rewards, inventory
– Multiple scenes and levels
– Publishing, dev cycle – playtest, iterate, and appreciate the gameplay/design review/remix well designed (simple/not fancy) games
Join us to learn this popular game coding platform for professionals and get a taste of how commercial games are built.
● Program Length: 8 sessions (75 min per session)
● Need Computer – Windows, MAC,
● Prior Python or other text-based language coding experience is required.
● #coding #unity #game development
About the Instructor
This course is offered in partnership with Create & Learn. Founded by tech experts, Create & Learn is an award-winning STEM program with the mission of providing top quality Computer Science education to students in K-12. All of our classes are held live online and are taught by experienced teachers. With more than 35 courses, our curriculum covers a rich set of topics such as coding, AI, Robotics, Digital Design, and Cloud Computing.
● We are the only 5 stars rated kids computer science program at scale and have served 10s of thousands of students worldwide in the last several years.
● Won the Facebook (Meta) Engineer for the Week Impact award twice in a row
● Featured by Minecraft Education and Roblox Education
● Voted by ActivityHero (2021, 2022) and Hulafrog (2021, 2022) as Parents’ Favorites.
● Our curriculum was designed by tech experts from Google and other top tech companies, Code.org curriculum lead, and many experienced Computer Science teachers.