Python opens up a whole world of programming possibilities! It is a high-level coding language used by companies such as Netflix and Google, and it is also used for web development, game development, building apps, machine learning, and so much more. Studies have shown programming with Python to be one of the simplest and most popular coding languages for learning to code.
As with most professional tools, Python takes many years of learning and practicing to master. This engaging class introduces the most essential part of Python to learners, especially the part useful for AI, which is also one of the most popular use cases for Python. If your child is interested in exploring more advanced code writing and computer science programming languages, this is the perfect small group class to get started.
We will also build a smooth transition for kids to up-level from block coding such as Scratch, to Python’s text based coding. Students will learn fundamental Python skills as they build creative stories, animations, and games. Some key areas of Python we cover include:
– Language essentials such as syntax, variables, loops, conditional, functions, and more
– Data types and built-in data structures
– Essential concepts Python for AI and data science such as dictionaries and files
– Object-oriented programming, and how to use Python classes and objects
– 2D arrays, as well as using modules and API for an AI system
By the end of the course, students will design and code their own capstone Python program from scratch. To help them prepare, students will practice reading code written by other people and leveraging the Python documentation, to accomplish new things that are not covered by the teacher during class.
● Grades 5 – 12
● Program Length: 12 sessions (75 min per session)
● Need Computer – Windows, MAC, or Chromebook
● Prior Scratch type of block based coding experience would be helpful, but not required
● #Python #coding
About the Instructor
This course is offered in partnership with Create & Learn. Founded by tech experts, Create & Learn is an award-winning STEM program with the mission of providing top quality Computer Science education to students in K-12. All of our classes are held live online and are taught by experienced teachers. With more than 35 courses, our curriculum covers a rich set of topics such as coding, AI, Robotics, Digital Design, and Cloud Computing.
● We are the only 5 stars rated kids computer science program at scale and have served 10s of thousands of students worldwide in the last several years.
● Won the Facebook (Meta) Engineer for the Week Impact award twice in a row
● Featured by Minecraft Education and Roblox Education
● Voted by ActivityHero (2021, 2022) and Hulafrog (2021, 2022) as Parents’ Favorites.
● Our curriculum was designed by tech experts from Google and other top tech companies, Code.org curriculum lead, and many experienced Computer Science teachers.