VEX represents one of the two most influential robotics competitions for students in the world. In this beginner robotics class, we introduce students to the basics of VEX Code and programming in 3-D. Your child will learn how to navigate robots through virtual worlds with code while completing exciting challenges! As they learn more, students will maneuver around increasingly complicated virtual worlds full of obstacles by making use of sensors. They will also learn how to make robots transport objects and see how these topics are important in real-world scenarios!
● Grades 2 – 5
● Program Length: 8 sessions (60 min per session)
● Need Computer – Windows, MAC, or Chromebook
● Prior Scratch type of block based coding experience would be helpful, but not required
● #robotics, #coding #Vex
About the Instructor
This course is offered in partnership with Create & Learn. Founded by tech experts, Create & Learn is an award-winning STEM program with the mission of providing top-quality Computer Science education to students in K-12. All of our classes are held live online and are taught by experienced teachers. With more than 35 courses, our curriculum covers a rich set of topics such as coding, AI, Robotics, Digital Design, and Cloud Computing.
● We are the only 5-star rated kids computer science program at scale and have served 10s of thousands of students worldwide in the last several years.
● Won the Facebook (Meta) Engineer for the Week Impact award twice in a row.
● Featured by Minecraft Education and Roblox Education.
● Voted by ActivityHero (2021, 2022) and Hulafrog (2021, 2022) as Parents’ Favorites.
● Our curriculum was designed by tech experts from Google and other top tech companies, the Code.org curriculum lead, and many experienced Computer Science teachers.