In this free Python coding class, students will take their first dive into coding with Python. We will transition from block coding, which they learned in Scratch, to text-based coding. Students will learn how to animate and draw with Python, and will build their own story project to create a cool animation. Like all of our small group classes, this online Python for kids class is led by an experienced teacher. Join us, learn, and have fun!
● Grades 5 – 12
● Program Length: 1 session (60 min per session)
● Need Computer – Windows, MAC, or Chromebook
● Prior Scratch type of block based coding experience would be helpful, but not required
● #Python #coding #free
About the Instructor
This course is offered in partnership with Create & Learn. Founded by tech experts, Create & Learn is an award-winning STEM program with the mission of providing top quality Computer Science education to students in K-12. All of our classes are held live online and are taught by experienced teachers. With more than 35 courses, our curriculum covers a rich set of topics such as coding, AI, Robotics, Digital Design, and Cloud Computing.
● We are the only 5 stars rated kids computer science program at scale and have served 10s of thousands of students worldwide in the last several years.
● Won the Facebook (Meta) Engineer for the Week Impact award twice in a row
● Featured by Minecraft Education and Roblox Education
● Voted by ActivityHero (2021, 2022) and Hulafrog (2021, 2022) as Parents’ Favorites.
● Our curriculum was designed by tech experts from Google and other top tech companies, Code.org curriculum lead, and many experienced Computer Science teachers.