In this advanced class, students will receive an excellent overview of the frontier of AI technologies, and develop strong problem-solving and critical-thinking skills.
We will start with computer vision, creating AI models representative of a variety of imaging datasets using Python code. Students will gain an improved conceptual understanding of AI and coding concepts. To achieve this, students will be exposed to, and successfully leverage, Google Vision API, machine learning basics, and convolutional neural networks.
Students will continue to explore imaging datasets and neural networks using Python code. Students will deepen their understanding and utilization of AI and coding concepts and work on creating convolutional neural networks for medical imaging datasets (such as pneumonia and COVID-19).
Finally, we will apply their learning to the real world problem of diagnosis based on medical imaging. In particular, we first model chest X-ray images using FastAI for CNN (pneumonia vs. normal vs. ). We then model chest X-ray images by building CNN from scratch.
● Program Length: 12 sessions (75 min per session)
● Need Computer – Windows, MAC, or Chromebook
● Prior Scratch type of block based coding experience would be helpful, but not required
● #robotics, #coding #AI #computer vision #neural networks #CNN
About the Instructor
This course is offered in partnership with Create & Learn. Founded by tech experts, Create & Learn is an award-winning STEM program with the mission of providing top quality Computer Science education to students in K-12. All of our classes are held live online and are taught by experienced teachers. With more than 35 courses, our curriculum covers a rich set of topics such as coding, AI, Robotics, Digital Design, and Cloud Computing.
● We are the only 5 stars rated kids computer science program at scale and have served 10s of thousands of students worldwide in the last several years.
● Won the Facebook (Meta) Engineer for the Week Impact award twice in a row
● Featured by Minecraft Education and Roblox Education
● Voted by ActivityHero (2021, 2022) and Hulafrog (2021, 2022) as Parents’ Favorites.
● Our curriculum was designed by tech experts from Google and other top tech companies, Code.org curriculum lead, and many experienced Computer Science teachers.